Mercury Safe Dentist
As a mercury safe dental office at Nixa Smiles, we understand that patients are concerned about mercury exposure. We go through certain steps in our office to minimize this risk to our patients. What do we do?
- We provide shielded oxygen over your nose as a source for breathing.
- While removing old silver fillings, we place a dental dam over the tooth so you don’t swallow or inhale particles.
- We use cold-water spray to minimize the particles in the air.
- We use a high-volume suction near the tooth to remove the particles and water.
- We offer single-use warm towels to wipe your face once fillings are removed.
We’re invested in making your appointments as safe and comfortable as we can!
Infection Control Standards
At Nixa Smiles, we take our patient’s safety very seriously. Our office follows weekly checklists to ensure high quality control. The equipment at Nixa Smiles is new and updated, providing a very clean dental environment.
You may notice little “extra” things our team does to provide the safest and best dental experience possible. And of course, we are always happy to show patients our very clean sterilization center, along with an office tour to answer any questions or concerns about patient safety.
Caring For Your Dental Health and Total Health in Nixa
Our talented and caring dental team at Nixa Smiles cares about not just your teeth and oral health, but in your overall health and safety as well.
We’re dedicated to helping you live a healthy lifestyle, from your teeth to your toes. That’s why we strive to make every appointment feel as safe and relaxing as possible, and we set and keep a high standard for our sanitation and safety procedures.
If there’s anything we can do to make you feel more comfortable, please let us know. At Nixa Smiles, we treat our patients like family, so we’ll do our best to keep you safe from the risks of mercury and infection. Call us today to schedule an appointment or consultation!